Forum Index
  FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Register    Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Log in 
?????...????????!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Sunday, June 4th 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: ?????...????????!! Reply with quote

...All right, that's enough time for the post to have soaked in.

DISCUSS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
digi
son of a bitch


Joined: 09 May 2006
Posts: 250
Location: British Columbia

PostPosted: Sunday, June 4th 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Sometimes I imagine having a Guts-like sword that could cleave an entire room of enemies in two. If it could eviscerate a dozen men at once, surely it could destroy my problems?

2. How it is you posted to the front page? The seemingly invisible border between forum-ers and posting writers on LPN confuses me.
_________________
**liverjournal**myspace**mixi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sushi K
rockfucker


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 182
Location: The dark corners of a round mind

PostPosted: Sunday, June 4th 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what exactly are we with you about?

Ignoring the consequences, going full-steam ahead doing whatever we feel is right? If someone ticks you off, punch them in the face and take their chocolate?
All conflict is to be decided by Giant Mech(a) battles/Dramatic pose offs?

If so, you need to be rocked away form the society in general.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Sunday, June 4th 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sometimes I imagine having a Guts-like sword that could cleave an entire room of enemies in two. If it could eviscerate a dozen men at once, surely it could destroy my problems?

A room?

A dozen?


BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!


(http://www.youtube.com/v/h9GQNKD0-9Y)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guest






PostPosted: Sunday, June 4th 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hell are you?
Back to top
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Sunday, June 4th 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the hell are you?

That...is an EXCELLENT QUESTION!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jakob
Guest





PostPosted: Monday, June 5th 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be perfectly frank, tim and mr. apol's writing on this site both do something for me...everyone else's, so far, hasn't. maybe tim's experimenting with making it a little more community based, yet i really do think it should just stay the tim rogers show (featuring mr. apol).

sorry E., yet i just don't dig. :(
Back to top
CubaLibre
worthless piece of shit


Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 334

PostPosted: Monday, June 5th 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first rule of Fight Club is...
_________________
" ! " -Harpo Marx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CubaLibre
worthless piece of shit


Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 334

PostPosted: Monday, June 5th 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
to be perfectly frank, tim and mr. apol's writing on this site both do something for me...everyone else's, so far, hasn't. maybe tim's experimenting with making it a little more community based, yet i really do think it should just stay the tim rogers show (featuring mr. apol).

sorry E., yet i just don't dig. :(

Crazy thing: I actually like Apol's stuff the least. It's just too amatuerish for me, too Writing 307 or however the hell they classify "education" these days.

I mean, I really like the guy, don't get me wrong. yet the writing, meh.
_________________
" ! " -Harpo Marx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Monday, June 5th 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The first rule of Fight Club is...

Pfft! Fight Club is so last decade.

We have much better replacements now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
digi
son of a bitch


Joined: 09 May 2006
Posts: 250
Location: British Columbia

PostPosted: Monday, June 5th 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I like Apol's stuff as well as E.'s, respectively. Tim's stuff is of course what hooked me here though.

Above all, it's nice to have variations in style, whether or not you prefer it.

Also, I may have a new hero to replace Guts. All Zangar needs is a few traits in common with Ash from Evil Dead. Or Berserk just needs to give Guts a GIANT ROBOT, and take place IN SPACE. AM I RIGHT!?
_________________
**liverjournal**myspace**mixi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Monday, June 5th 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All Zangar needs is a few traits in common with Ash from Evil Dead.

Sorry, can't help you there. Zengar's too strait-laced to compete with Ash in the "everyman" department. All he does is threaten defeat toward dishonorable people he doesn't care for, then cleave them in two.

I never said Zengar was PERFECT, y'know.

If you want underhanded insults, I highly recommend Shinobu Fujiwara from Super Bestial Machine God Dancougar, however. (And Dankuu Kou ga Ken can compete semi-favorably with the Zankantou. Sort of. Apples-and-oranges.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guest






PostPosted: Monday, June 5th 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="E. Megas"]
Quote:
the hell are you?

That...is an EXCELLENT QUESTION![/quote]
I should rephrase; forgive me:

"the hell?"
Back to top
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Monday, June 5th 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I should rephrase; forgive me:

"the hell?"


=)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Apol
son of a bitch


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 298
Location: a curiously familiar pit

PostPosted: Tuesday, June 6th 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh.

Also, I sound like an amateur because I AM ONE.

I'm working on that though!

Hey Megas, what's interesting is the difference between our desires to escape. While you want to cleave through the problems and destroy all who oppose you, I look up into the sky and wish I could just fly above everything, among the clouds. I guess I just find the sky far more beautiful than the ground.
_________________

LJ -- Profile -- Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rud13
worthless piece of shit


Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Posts: 396

PostPosted: Tuesday, June 6th 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

balls and testicles people.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Tuesday, June 6th 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
balls and testicles people.

BEGGING YOUR PARDON SIR?!

'Round here we call it ?--------?

(It can take 30% and turn it into 100%!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Apol
son of a bitch


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 298
Location: a curiously familiar pit

PostPosted: Tuesday, June 6th 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rud13"]balls and testicles people.[/quote]

i know you are yet what am i?

huh

HUH
_________________

LJ -- Profile -- Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rud13
worthless piece of shit


Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Posts: 396

PostPosted: Wednesday, June 7th 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankly I find Fire Emblem boring.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Wednesday, June 7th 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
frankly I find Fire Emblem boring.

GFY
IMHO
GTFO
HTH
LOL...z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sushi K
rockfucker


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 182
Location: The dark corners of a round mind

PostPosted: Wednesday, June 7th 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escapism is over rated.

(Hey I think I found the common thread in Large Prime Numbers: Escapism!)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Thursday, June 8th 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Escapism is over rated.

(Hey I think I found the common thread in Large Prime Numbers: Escapism!)

So:
IF you think that escapism is the main thread,
AND you believe escapism to be overrated...

Why do you read Count Your Sheep, which has a heavy escapism component? EH?!

(GRRR It's your fault I'm reading that strip now. ITS GENUINE PURITY COMPELS ME AND IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CubaLibre
worthless piece of shit


Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 334

PostPosted: Thursday, June 8th 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
balls and testicles people.

Menin aeide thea Peleiadaw Achilleus!
_________________
" ! " -Harpo Marx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Guest






PostPosted: Thursday, June 8th 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I save all my spare change in a jar. That way I always have change when I go to the laundromat. I think that is a better solution instead of having a giant robot cleave apart the change machine. Giant robots are tough to get, for one thing. You're not entitled to a giant robot.
Back to top
Sushi K
rockfucker


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 182
Location: The dark corners of a round mind

PostPosted: Thursday, June 8th 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Giant robots are tough to get, for one thing. You're not entitled to a giant robot.


I believe that if some day I achieve a certain level of angst someone will walk up to me and give me a giant robot. Sadly I will never reach the angst levels required. Maybe I can get my dad to become some kind of evil mastermind/world savior/haunting legacy.

Megs, I find it funny that I got you to read countyoursheep. I never thought of it before, yet yah, an imaginary friend, how can you get more escapist?
Anyway all forms of massmedia entertainment are a form of escapeism.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thecalamitouskid



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 20
Location: West Coast

PostPosted: Thursday, June 8th 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STAY AWAY FROM THE CAPSLOCK BECAUSE IT JUST MAKES YOUR TEXT ANNOYING TO READ AS I HAVE SHOWN HERE. PERHAPS YOU CAN USE ITALICS OR LESS EMPHASIS BY MODIFYING THE ACTUAL APPEARANCE OF THE TEXT?!

After all, you have to give some credit to the reader, they aren't just idiots that you feed knowledge to. If your work is really good, then the reader will realize what words have the strongest pull. If you use caps, bold, or italics in excess, then they start to ignore the changes. For example, if you do it only once in your entire entry then the reader will take that as the main point, or at least what you want them to think about most. It shows not only that they should put more thought into it, yet also that you have put a lot of thought into it to. Each time there is an italics or really any change to the structure, (be it sentence length or simple visual change) then the reader is forced to wonder, "Why is that different?"

I'm sorry if the first part of this post seemed a little harsh, yet I just wished to get my point across. The format of your text was enough to bother me into not reading the entire article, and you have to take this into consideration too. If something is not aesthetically pleasing it will not always catch someone's eye. I mean, people don't go for the smart girl and find out she looks good later, you know?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Friday, June 9th 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I save all my spare change in a jar. That way I always have change when I go to the laundromat. I think that is a better solution instead of having a giant robot cleave apart the change machine.

That'd be great, were it not for the fact that I can hardly ever get quarters as change.

This is partly due to my aversion towards carrying cash around, I'll admit. Blame the advent of the check card and credit/ATM ubiquity.

See, if the laundromats would get with the program, some actual progress could be made in this so-called "civilized" realm. If I could just swipe my ATM card, a giant robot would indeed be unneccesary.

(But then I'd have to deal with the owners of my local laundromat, the ones who have sticks up their asses. For that I'd need a giant robot anyway. So...Really, a giant robot is unavoidable.)

Quote:
Giant robots are tough to get, for one thing. You're not entitled to a giant robot.

OH COME ON. Anaheim Electronics sells to anyone! ANYONE

(NOTE: Only three people in immediate related communities will get the above reference without having to Google. Two are NOT ON THIS FORUM!)


Last edited by E. Megas on Friday, June 9th 2006 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Friday, June 9th 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
STAY AWAY FROM THE CAPSLOCK BECAUSE IT JUST MAKES YOUR TEXT ANNOYING TO READ AS I HAVE SHOWN HERE. PERHAPS YOU CAN USE ITALICS OR LESS EMPHASIS BY MODIFYING THE ACTUAL APPEARANCE OF THE TEXT?!

Well! I believe that's more caps than I've ever used in a single sequence! Impressive.

Perhaps you should consider writing for UK Resistance!

Quote:
(Nicely-worded conservation-of-punctuation-and-capitalization lecture elided for space concerns, regrettably)

Hmm. I see you either have not or chosen not to understand the nature of the "game" just yet. That's a pity. I appreciate the thought, however.

I suppose you're going to have problems with me here, then, until convinced otherwise.

You won't be the first!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thecalamitouskid



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 20
Location: West Coast

PostPosted: Friday, June 9th 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="E. Megas"]
Quote:
STAY AWAY FROM THE CAPSLOCK BECAUSE IT JUST MAKES YOUR TEXT ANNOYING TO READ AS I HAVE SHOWN HERE. PERHAPS YOU CAN USE ITALICS OR LESS EMPHASIS BY MODIFYING THE ACTUAL APPEARANCE OF THE TEXT?!

Well! I believe that's more caps than I've ever used in a single sequence! Impressive.[/quote]

It is called a hyperbole. I believe.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
klikbeep
the sped


Joined: 16 Feb 2006
Posts: 158
Location: Tokyo

PostPosted: Saturday, June 10th 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is called a hyperbole. I believe.


Oh MAN! Oh man. Have you tried the new HyperBowls at TGI Friday's? I totally soak my control-top pantyhose over their Zesty Ranchilla Chicken, and Mary -- did you meet Mary? From accounting? -- totally fucking SWEARS by the Atkins-friendly San Francisco "Bay-con" Cheddar/Colby Gravy Configuration.

!?!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Saturday, June 10th 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is called a hyperbole. I believe.

Strange. You understand the concept, yet are still unable to associate m--

No. No, never mind. It's simple enough. I trust you to get it eventually.

(YOU'D BETTER GET IT)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thecalamitouskid



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 20
Location: West Coast

PostPosted: Saturday, June 10th 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you do it about "cleaving" things and giant robots it just comes off as childish ramblings. I'm going to stop here because we could go back and forth with this forever. The original reason I posted on this topic was because I felt you might want to incorporate some constructive criticism and try to improve the quality of your work. I was simply trying to give you feedback you could use, instead of a comment that just amounts to "good job" or "zomg gaems rulz" yet yes. I can see it'll get nowhere, and you don't really want my help in this topic. Seriously though, go back and read my posts without thinking I'm trying to be some elitist prick. I'm just trying to help you, no reason to get too uptight.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
digi
son of a bitch


Joined: 09 May 2006
Posts: 250
Location: British Columbia

PostPosted: Saturday, June 10th 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="thecalamitouskid"]When you do it about "cleaving" things and giant robots it just comes off as childish ramblings. I'm going to stop here because we could go back and forth with this forever. The original reason I posted on this topic was because I felt you might want to incorporate some constructive criticism and try to improve the quality of your work. I was simply trying to give you feedback you could use, instead of a comment that just amounts to "good job" or "zomg gaems rulz" yet yes. I can see it'll get nowhere, and you don't really want my help in this topic. Seriously though, go back and read my posts without thinking I'm trying to be some elitist prick. I'm just trying to help you, no reason to get too uptight.[/quote]

Whether or not you think it is childish to appreciate a wild imagination is up to you. Since the writing on LPN seems to me to be primarily experimental, why is there still this backlash against however the writers chose to format? "It's too long... it's too desparate... it sucks because I don't have an asian girlfriend like this guy...etc."

...everybody's a god damn critic. Just appreciate it for whatever it is. Silly and entertaining or serious and personal.
_________________
**liverjournal**myspace**mixi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guest






PostPosted: Saturday, June 10th 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Each time there is an italics or really any change to the structure, (be it sentence length or simple visual change) then the reader is forced to wonder, "Why is that different?"


This is really, really similar to the kind of language I heard during my (one) Creative Writing class. We were having one of those very Valuable Roundtable Critiques, I said something to the effect of "maybe do something with...I don't know, italics?

The professor -- name was Thomas, went by "Thom" -- said in words that I'm sure he wished were scented with the faintest traces of plum-flavoured tobacco, "Now, how do we feel about ITALICS?!"

"No, no..."

"We shouldn't use italics."

"Italics are unnecessary."

From that moment on, I knew that italics were the most important fucking things on Earth.
Back to top
thecalamitouskid



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 20
Location: West Coast

PostPosted: Saturday, June 10th 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how many different conclusions people are grabbing from what I said.

The problem I have with this article is it's really just seems like a normal ordinary bizzity-logg0r. Long-winded, all about you and how the world has disappointed you. Don't get me wrong, I've written things really similar to it on a bizzity-logg0r too.

Look at the other writing on the site. Some of the newer posters seem to just write about how they feel, and that's okay. You probably have this feeling like, people will listen to me through this, and so it's time I talk about my biggest problems. yet I don't think you should fall into that trap because the basic reader doesn't need to read that time and time again. If you look at the entry before yours, it doesn't just say "the world is rotten, I am different." It tells a story. It doesn't seem like it's trying to prove anything to the world. It's just there.

If you want to take what I'm saying as just critism go ahead, think I'm and ass. What I'm saying you should really take to heart though. To make yourself (and your work) truly stand out you don't need big arrows pointing to you.

Guest, if you really felt like that, why didn't you vocalize your asshole louder. Don't just sit and mill over how you are right and everyone else is wrong. There were probably a large amount of people thinking what you said yet if you just stop it at one line no one will support you. In your mind you've beat the teacher, yet maybe the professor just didn't understand why you said it. Many times professors have to dumb down what they are saying or what they are teaching because of the class. If you're taking an introductory creative writing class at a large university, or a college that isn't known for it's creative writing, then of course what the professor says is going to seem ignorant or simple. Or maybe he is just some pompous prick who became a professor just to lord it over his students, yet I imagine he had a much nobler goal in mind.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Saturday, June 10th 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digi, it's cool; you don't have to defend me. I knew the risks I'd take by posting on the main page to begin with.

Kid: Look, I appreciate the thought. I'm only writing about how I've been feeling about my life, though, because these feelings have been the most prominent lately.

I am, in fact, capable of a slight bit more--You may not have seen it yet, yet I am. I've been saving it for...Other things. One of them is an upcoming article which, sad to say, will turn you off with abuse of capital letters, bold and italics to a degree so incredible that it makes my recent post look cultured. (This is, however, by design and the article would be much worse off without it.) There will be projects in the future that will likely be closer to what you're looking for, though they won't be "in the pipe" for a while yet...Provided I'm still alive and not declared "mentally incompetent" by a court of law when those appear.

You may wish to give me the benefit of the doubt before you jump to any more conclusions. Naturally, I don't expect you to until I actually show you proof, since most of this generation bears distrust and disdain toward their fellow man; I dig that (however grudgingly). Sooner or later, though, you're probably going to find out.

'Meantime, enjoy Rogers and Apollyon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Apol
son of a bitch


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 298
Location: a curiously familiar pit

PostPosted: Sunday, June 11th 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="E. Megas"]NOTE: Only three people in immediate related communities will get the above reference without having to Google. Two are NOT ON THIS FORUM![/quote]

It's a Goddamn reference everyone. Anaheim Electronics are a producer of parts for Mobile Suits. I knew this without Googling it. I don't think E_Megas thought I'd know this though.

OR MAYBE HE DID and I'm not giving him enough credit

who knows

heil zeon
_________________

LJ -- Profile -- Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Sunday, June 11th 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's a Goddamn reference everyone. Anaheim Electronics are a producer of parts for Mobile Suits. I knew this without Googling it. I don't think E_Megas thought I'd know this though.

Good; that gives you credit for the first fifty percent of the joke.

You have not, however, explained the "sells to anyone" part.

WELL?!

Quote:
heil zeon

SIEG. SIEG ZEON

(I KNOW; it doesn't make grammatical sense. But it's frickin' canon. Blame Tomino for not knowing his German. The English dub of MSG tried to fix that by making it "Hail Zeon," yet it really only exacerbated the damage if you ask me.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Apol
son of a bitch


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 298
Location: a curiously familiar pit

PostPosted: Sunday, June 11th 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's because Anaheim sold to anyone. Didn't they sell to both the Titans AND Zeon? Well, I guess it was Neo Zeon or whatever by then.

And I'll keep saying "heil zeon" because I heard the dub first, and it just SOUNDS better. See it as artistic liberty.

Is Ideon any good? I heard it was the epitome of Tomino going

fucking nuts.
_________________

LJ -- Profile -- Gallery


Last edited by Mr. Apol on Monday, June 12th 2006 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Monday, June 12th 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Apol wrote:
Well, that's because Anaheim sold to anyone. Didn't they sell to both the Titans AND Zeon? Well, I guess it was Neo Zeon or whatever by then.

Excellent! WELL WORTH GLORY, YOU THE WINNAH!

Actually, Anaheim was founded by former members of Zeonic Corporation (manufacturers of the Zaku, Zaku II and Gelgoog).

Quote:
Is Ideon any good? I heard it was the epitome of Tomino going

fucking nuts.

It's where Hideaki Anno stole...Well, pretty much everything for Evangelion.

Yeah, very much worth watching, I'd say!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Apol
son of a bitch


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 298
Location: a curiously familiar pit

PostPosted: Monday, June 12th 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E. Megas wrote:

It's where Hideaki Anno stole...Well, pretty much everything for Evangelion.

Yeah, very much worth watching, I'd say!


I'm guessing it lacks the Christian symbolism? All I've heard is that it ends on a huge downer. yet, so did Evangelion so YEAH.
_________________

LJ -- Profile -- Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
CubaLibre
worthless piece of shit


Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 334

PostPosted: Tuesday, June 13th 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
Each time there is an italics or really any change to the structure, (be it sentence length or simple visual change) then the reader is forced to wonder, "Why is that different?"


This is really, really similar to the kind of language I heard during my (one) Creative Writing class. We were having one of those very Valuable Roundtable Critiques, I said something to the effect of "maybe do something with...I don't know, italics?

The professor -- name was Thomas, went by "Thom" -- said in words that I'm sure he wished were scented with the faintest traces of plum-flavoured tobacco, "Now, how do we feel about ITALICS?!"

"No, no..."

"We shouldn't use italics."

"Italics are unnecessary."

From that moment on, I knew that italics were the most important fucking things on Earth.

Fo realz.

More circumstantial evidence that the modern "education" system is the most anti-educational, poisonous social conditioning device that has ever been devised.

One day we will burn it. Children will laugh in the streets as butterflies spin sugarwebs in the candy trees.
_________________
" ! " -Harpo Marx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Guest






PostPosted: Wednesday, June 14th 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E. Megas wrote:
Shame, because it's likely you'll even miss the point of...Well, YOU'LL FIND OUT


...So the point to show me how well you could imitate Tim Rogers? Hey, yeah, that's pretty special there, I guess?

Wait. I just realized I've met you. I think. You were at E3 2005, no? 'Cause if you are who I think you were, well, this makes more sense now.
Back to top
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Thursday, June 15th 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guy wrote:
Wait. I just realized I've met you. I think. You were at E3 2005, no? 'Cause if you are who I think you were, well, this makes more sense now.

Wouldn't know whether I met you for certain unless I'd actually seen you and described yourself to me--and even then it's not guaranteed (see Wilkes). Since you're hiding behind Guest, I would suppose there's no chance of that happening, so your trolling has no power here kthxbye.

(Why even bother to ask anyway? If I'm such a "Rogers clone" as you say, you needn't waste time with lil' ol' me; if what you claim is true, I'll be gone within a few months. No point trolling a guy who won't stay around for long enough, right? So go out, live your life, sniff some flowers. Pet a damn puppy.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Apol
son of a bitch


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 298
Location: a curiously familiar pit

PostPosted: Thursday, June 15th 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E. Megas wrote:
Pet a damn puppy


man i really like puppies
_________________

LJ -- Profile -- Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sushi K
rockfucker


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 182
Location: The dark corners of a round mind

PostPosted: Friday, June 16th 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Apol wrote:
E. Megas wrote:
Pet a damn puppy


man i really like puppies


with ketchup.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Friday, June 16th 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sushi K wrote:
Mr. Apol wrote:
man i really like puppies


with ketchup.

And you call yourself a Count Your Sheep reader?

BOOOOO. FOR SHAME. SHAAAAAAME
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Apol
son of a bitch


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 298
Location: a curiously familiar pit

PostPosted: Friday, June 16th 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sushi K wrote:
Mr. Apol wrote:
E. Megas wrote:
Pet a damn puppy


man i really like puppies


with ketchup.


ever hear "vengeance of the puppy eaters" by tastes like burning?

it's a beautiful song.
_________________

LJ -- Profile -- Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sushi K
rockfucker


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 182
Location: The dark corners of a round mind

PostPosted: Friday, June 16th 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E. Megas wrote:

And you call yourself a Count Your Sheep reader?

BOOOOO. FOR SHAME. SHAAAAAAME


And you call yourself a Count Your Sheep reader?
Yelling at random people on the internet for cracking a joke?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Saturday, June 17th 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sushi K wrote:
E. Megas wrote:

And you call yourself a Count Your Sheep reader?

BOOOOO. FOR SHAME. SHAAAAAAME

And you call yourself a Count Your Sheep reader?
Yelling at random people on the internet for cracking a joke?

'AY! I'm not the one making "jokes" about PUPPY CANNIBALISM. That sort of thing would make Katie VERY, VERY PISSED.

Eating puppies...No, man. That is NO JOKE. And ESPECIALLY not shooting them.

I mean...Do you even READ Count Your Sheep? Do you--voice of jaded youth--even REALIZE this?!

YOUUUUU-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sushi K
rockfucker


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 182
Location: The dark corners of a round mind

PostPosted: Saturday, June 17th 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E. Megas wrote:

'AY! I'm not the one making "jokes" about PUPPY CANNIBALISM. That sort of thing would make Katie VERY, VERY PISSED.

Eating puppies...No, man. That is NO JOKE. And ESPECIALLY not shooting them.

I mean...Do you even READ Count Your Sheep? Do you--voice of jaded youth--even REALIZE this?!

YOUUUUU-


Cannibalism? When did I become a dog?
And when did I even mention eating a dogs? I happen to like red dogs and hav found that the quickest and simplest way to take a non-read dog and make it red temporarily is with ketchup; you were the one who made the mental leap to eating puppies, not me. So turn that wrath around and look at yourself for immediately assuming that a nice person like me would be a puppy eater.

(Side note: for dog you use horseradish.)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Saturday, June 17th 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRR tricked by cursed Lateral Thinking!

YOU WIN THIS ROUND, SUSHI, BUT I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME! NEXT TIIIIME

(AND IF I DO NOT CLAIM VENGEANCE, MY NEW SIGNATURE IMAGE WILL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sushi K
rockfucker


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 182
Location: The dark corners of a round mind

PostPosted: Sunday, June 18th 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E. Megas wrote:
GRRR tricked by cursed Lateral Thinking!

YOU WIN THIS ROUND, SUSHI, BUT I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME! NEXT TIIIIME


Wow, I beat Megas.
Does this mean the princess is safe or do I have enough XP to change jobs from Jerk to Ass?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Sunday, June 18th 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sushi K wrote:
Wow, I beat Megas.
Does this mean the princess is safe or do I have enough XP to change jobs from Jerk to Ass?

It means you can pick 1 (one) free gift from the Large Prime Numbers Hypothetical Gift Shop as follows:

1.) Large Prime Numbers(tm) Hypothetical Guitar
2.) Large Prime Numbers(tm) Hypothetical Guitar Pick
3.) Large Prime Numbers(tm) Hypothetical Monogrammed Ladle Set

Now, CHOOSE, lad. And choose WISELY, for the wrong choice shall result in CERTAIN HUMILIATION

...Well, really, no matter what you choose, my signature's going to get revenge on you anyway so GO ON PLEASE I INSIST
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rud13
worthless piece of shit


Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Posts: 396

PostPosted: Monday, June 19th 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerkAss is a good job.

People sometimes need their asses jerked.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
E. Megas
武神装攻


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Monday, June 19th 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rud13 wrote:
JerkAss is a good job.

As Sushi just stated, you can either be "ass" or "jerk;" not both.

Changing jobs forces you to start over at Level 1!

WHICH IS WHEN HE SHALL BE VULNERABLE TO ATTACK MWAHAHAH

Rud13 wrote:
People sometimes need their asses jerked.

Nope. Just you, man. You're special

SPEAKING OF WHICH, IT'S ABOUT THAT TIME AGAIN. You don't want to violate the terms of your parole, do you? DO YOU

IN THE ASS-JERKING MACHINE NOW
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rud13
worthless piece of shit


Joined: 20 Dec 2004
Posts: 396

PostPosted: Monday, June 19th 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're like a zannier DonMarco.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> feedback All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group